Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Story about South Africans hidden poverty

I'm doing a story about the white poverty in South Africa, a story about a lot of white South Africans whom are living under the povertyline. It's about 10% of the white population in South Africa. There's a law that people who consider themselves the designated  party get priority for a job. Some people say that the a lot of people are 'victims of reverse-apartheid'
For me as a outsider I find this very awful. It is becoming more awful when also a president takes sides, but for me I find it a type of revenge what the government is doing here.
The world said that the apartheid in South Africa is over...not entirely. It has moved to a another level of civilisation. 
This is a silent problem, that must be cared of.

I also linked a photostory from Reuters photographer Finbarr O'Reilly who went to South Africa and made these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment